Lucky Tower Lucky Tower

Amazing

It's so rich in detail I had to play through and win 4 times to make sure I didn't miss anything (and to get all the medals of course). The art was very clean and attractive plus I liked the style. The concept of the game was quite original and the gameplay offered a lot of variety while keeping me entertained and making me laugh at the same time.

I've done some basic coding myself so looking at this game I really appreciate how it was coded and I'm still confused as to how some things were done. Hopefully one day I'll be at the same level. The music seemed to fit comfortably.

Just letting you know I did find a couple of messed up glitches when I was playing the fourth time. The glitches were as follows:

First - after finding the old man and "teaming up" with him, I selected door 3 and the old man walked in. Pretty much before the door was closed I entered the same door behind him. When I did this the character froze while his hat moved in through the door repeatedly. I killed the character and respawned but I could still see the old character frozen while a new character had been generated. So I selected door 3 again but when I went to enter, pressing the up arrow did nothing. I had to enter a different room and get killed for it to work properly.

Second - After being turned into a frog and winding up on the log, I got killed a few times by flying fish and the third time I spawned I was holding the up arrow or something and was teleported straight into the wizards lab.

Third - After jumping off the bookshelf as the frog, I landed between the two jars and ended up with two frogs stuck in both jars. When one of them turned into the hero again I could no longer move. So I pressed K and spawned in front of the wizard dead on the ground somehow.

Fourth - This issue was just because of this slow computer I'm using. The pub room seemed to lag quite badly. The bartender's moustache was still moving about 6 seconds after his voice stopped and it was all moving slowly when I walked. Similar thing happened in the treasure room.

Thanks for making such a fun game! From PabMo. 5/5 and 10/10.

molkman responds:

Thanks for the super detailed review!

The coding part was actually pretty annoying, because I had to code nearly every room individually and that brought along many glitches and a complexity that made it nearly impossible and frustrating to make out every glitch. :/

Also, the .fla is nearly 200MB huge and because of that, exporting the .swf takes about 5+ minutes, so checking if a bug really has been fixed becomes a serious pain.

Getting Screwed Over! Getting Screwed Over!

You notice...

There's a note in the bottom right-hand corner of "mine".

"NOT AN ENTRY"

I know someone has a lot of work to do and can't look over all of the submissions in fine detail. But mine was an image congratulating someone on having the second best drawing in the thread. I did not draw the screws. Should be simple enough to update and remove the image/PabMo.

I apologize! Didn't mean to confuse! Other than that... Yeah... screws.